Occasionally people are interested in identifying a plant they see. Aim of this project is help them find the plant they have been looking for with a tool specialized on plants.
Building a web application/query interface for making a search among plant species based on selected attributes with a user friendly interface and futureproof technical background.
Once we started this project there was already a published version of it. Our part was improving user interface and filtering system. To achive that, we decided to create new application from scratch. The reason behind that was mostly scalability issues, besides that previous version was relying on client side computation by design and lastly we had a minimalistic design approach. We handled these issues by making the app database driven. Filtering is now made by database queries and this eleminates the technical issues since, databases can be easily maintained (which solves scalability problems) and queries made in server side (this lightens workload of client).